Cookie Layer Bars – Patriot Style
For the Crust:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Crush up 1.5 cups of graham crackers – you can also use any other cookies you have on hand.
- Add 4 Tbsp. of melted butter to the cookie crumbs.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray. Press the crumbs into the pan and bake them for about 5 minutes until the crust comes together.
I used some of my favorite toppings but you could mix in lots of other treats like coconut flakes, butterscotch chips, white chocolate or anything else you have on hand. The only musts are the crusts, and something to hold the cookie bars together like the marshmallows and the condensed milk.
- Layer on a handful of mini marshmallows and peanut butter chips.
- Chop up candy melts – or substitute in a mix of milk, dark and/or white chocolate. Add the candy melts and pretzel bits.
- Drizzle on condensed milk. You don’t need too much but try to get it evenly around the pan. I use a fork or spoon to make even swirls.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes or until the marshmallows are melted and browned. Immediately add the M&M’s and drizzle on a bit more condensed milk ( about another 2 teaspoons). Sprinkle on a pinch of salt. Let the bars cool completely before cutting them.