The Best Banana Cookies
Meet my new favorite cookies – light, chewy, sweet but not too sweet and full of flavor.
These cookies are a great use for an overly ripe banana or two – and you can add other classic cookie mix ins. I used rolled oats and chunks of bittersweet chocolate but you could use any range of oats and types of chocolate. Nuts would also be a tasty addition!
Best Banana Cookies:
Preheat oven to 350
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside
- In a stand mixer or by hand, cream the butter and the sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg to the butter and sugar mixture, mix well. Stir in the vanilla and mashed banana.
- Add the flour to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Gently fold in the oats and the chocolate (and any other add-ins like toasted pecans) by hand.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop dollops of cookie dough about 2 inches apart. Bake for 12-15 minutes. The cookies should just be starting to brown around the edges.