French and Reverse French Manicure
Now that nail art is everywhere it is really easy to find stickers and decals. Using french manicure tip stickers you can update the standard French manicure. This is an easy way to do your own nails in minutes.
I like keeping things tonal this red on red looks so chic! You can also try slightly contrasting colors like pink and red or orange and red or you can use totally contrasting colors… basically the nail polish rack is your oyster. Happy manicuring!
- Like with any manicure start with a layer of base coat to protect your nails and make the mani last longer. Wait until this coat is totally dry before moving on to the next step or the stickers will peel off the base coat.
- Place one French manicure sticker at the edge of the nail like you would for a French manicure. Place another sticker a little further up at the base of the nail like you would for a half moon manicure. Really press the sticker into the nail and tuck into the side of your nail bed so there is no gap. Repeat this process on all of your nails.
- Using the first color, paint the edge of the nail like you would for a French manicure.
- Use the second color to paint the base of the nail up to the sticker like you would for a half moon manicure.
- Remove the stickers and apply top coat.