Mixing vegetables with a whole grain is satisfying and healthy, this is one of my go-to lunches on a cold winter day. Feel free to mix in whatever vegetables you have on hand.
Since this is more of a method than an exact recipe, I’m leaving the amount up to you so you can scale it for one, two or more!
- Chop the cauliflower, carrots and fennel and individually toss them with olive oil (1 Tbsp or so) and salt. Place them separately on a baking sheet and cook them at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cook your wheat berries for 20 minutes, adding broccoli when the wheatberries have about 3 minutes left to cook.
- Thinly chop another carrot and cut the avocado in half.
- To make the dressing, mash half of the avocado with your fork. Add some olive oil, salt, lemon juice and vinegar to it.
- To assemble the abundance bowl, begin with a foundation of the grain. Add the cooked vegetables, the avocado, the dressing and the chopped carrots. The bowl can be assembled for individuals or for a whole table.