Apple and Pancetta Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes make me think of pies so I’m always forgetting how nutritious they actually are. I love a baked potato, and swapping sweet for a regular white potato is a great way to up your vitamin and protein content. This method is yummy – but the combos are endless, so try it your way and let me know how it turns out!
- Wrap a sweet potato in tin foil and cut a few holes along the bottom so steam can escape. Bake it for about 20 minutes in 425 degree oven.
- Unwrap and allow the potato to cool so it is easy to handle. Drop the oven temperature to 350. Cut thin slices along the length of the sweet potato.
- Place pieces of prosciutto, pancetta or bacon into each of those slots, sprinkle a little salt over the sweet potato so some gets into every nook.
- Thinly slice half an apple and wedge the apple slices into the potato.
- Put the potato back into the oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees.
I like to serve this as a side dish, 1 large sweet potato easily makes 4 servings. If the potato is especially sweet, or if you like salt as much as I do, sprinkle flakes of good quality salt over it before serving. Enjoy!