Candy Cookie Pies
Meet the ultimate dessert mash-up! Pie is great, cookie dough is delicious and when you add your favorite candy or dessert toppings you go from great to epic!
This dessert boils down to three steps. You can customize in endless ways by mixing and matching the ingredients in whatever way you would like. The video shows some options but there is no limit to what you can make.
- Make sure to think about how the three components will work together so the flavors compliment each other.
- Some of my favorite combos are listed below
- If you add a lot of sweet elements sprinkle a few flakes of salt right on top of the pie, it will help balance the dessert and bring out the flavors.
- Tag your creations #LetsEMC on social media so I can see your spin on them!
- Choose you pie dough. You can make traditional pie dough (here is my go-to basic recipe), use store bought dough, or puff pastry, a cookie crust (the crust used in my lemon meringue cake recipe is delicious) also works really well adding a crunchy layer.
- Add cookie dough. Make sure the cookie dough is evenly distributed and gently press it into the crust. Any kind of cookie dough will do – homemade, store-bought, chocolate chip to cinnamon spice.
- Sprinkle on some toppings. Anything from candy (M&Ms, Rolos, Reeses) to chocolate (chips, chunks, dark, white), cookies crumbs, sauces (chocolate, caramel) or anything else you have on hand. Bake at 350 until the cookie dough is set and the top is starting to brown. About 20 minutes for small pies and up to 40 minutes for larger ones.
Some of my favorite combos:
Cookies & Cream – Cookie crumb crust + sugar cookie dough + chocolate chips, cookies & cream chocolate and Oreo pieces
Peanut Butter & Chocolate – Pie dough + peanut butter cookie dough + dark chocolate chunks, reeses and salted peanuts.
S’mores – Cookie crumb crust + chocolate chip cookie dough + chocolate chunks and marshmallows.
Birthday Pie – Pie dough + cookie dough + lots of candies and sprinkles
Caramel Crunch – Cookie crumb crust + chocolate chip cookie dough + caramels, candy bar with caramel, caramelized nuts and salt.