Try this simple, spicy and delicious way to eat roast chicken.
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees and put an empty baking dish into the oven – you want the baking dish to be in the oven about 10 minutes .
- Clean and dry your chicken thoroughly, salt and pepper both sides. Drizzle some olive oil on the skin side of the chicken breasts. Add oil, salt and pepper to the drumsticks and thighs and toss them together.
- Carefully take the hot baking dish out of the oven and place your chicken skin-side up in the hot baking dish. Put the dish back in the oven for 20-30 minutes. This will depend on the size of your chicken.
- Drain your kimchi and reserve the liquid. To make the dressing, combine olive oil, vinegar and the kimchi liquid. You can adjust the heat level based on how much kimchi liquid you add, the vinegar will mellow out the heat.
- Combine the kimchi dressing and a large spoonful of the cabbage with kale or hearty greens. Toss it all together – if you’re using kale make this part right after the chicken goes into the oven so the dressing breaks down the kale a little bit.
- Place the kale on a large plate and top it with the hot chicken. Finish it off by spreading some of the reserve kimchi cabbage and any leftover dressing right on top of the chicken.