Quiche is one of my go-to foods because I always have the basic ingredients – eggs, dairy and filling – in my fridge. This recipe is yummy anytime but the clover-ification of it seems especially appropriate this week.
Use an aluminum cupcake tray to make the clover shape.
- Cut the aluminum cupcake tray into individual cupcake molds.
- To turn each section into a leaf, fold back the edges and shape one point on each “leaf.”
- Form the four ‘leaves’ in the shape of a clover and place puff pastry (or pie dough) on the clover. Tuck the dough into each individual shape, press in gently.Use a knife to trim any edges.
For the Quiche:
I typically wouldn’t use a food processor to make quiche, but in this case the food processor helps blend everything into a nice even green color. On another day, I would recommend mixing it by hand, it’s just as tasty and require less clean up.
- Combine the spinach, chives, artichokes, goat cheese, salt and pepper in a food processor. Pulse to combine and then add in the milk.
- Whisk the eggs together, and incorporate all the ingredients.
- Spoon the mixture into the clover-shaped pastry (or into a regular pie mold on any other day). Bake on a baking sheet at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.