If you like rice krispie treats you will love this spring variation. Easter candies come in so many shapes and colors the decoration options are endless. If you want to make them later in the year substitute in any round candy, like jelly beans or malt balls.
- Melt the marshmallows, butter and salt in the microwave for about 2 minutes. Stir together after a minute and then keep microwaving in 30 second increments as needed.
- Add the Rice Krispies (or cereal of your choice) into the melted marshmallows, and stir quickly. Make sure you combine everything before the marshmallows cool.
- Spray the back of a cupcake tin with nonstick spray, I like making them on mini cupcake tins but lots of surfaces work for this. You can also just form them with your hands – in which case I recommend spraying your hands with non-stick spray every few nests.
- Cup little handfuls of your Rice Krispie mixture over the backs of the individual cupcake tin cups so they make a nest shape. You can spray your hands with nonstick spray or just use parchment paper on the back of the “nests.” If they are very sticky, refrigerate them for a minute or 2 before continuing.
- Peel off the cups and refrigerate them for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Decorate! I used Cadbury mini eggs, Whopper Robin eggs and candy Easter grass with bunnies.