Glitter Vase and Feathers
Make sure you have a clean working surface and line it with newspaper or something disposable – maybe it’s just me but I get glitter everywhere so it’s easiest to start with a clean up plan
- Make a line of double-sided tape along the bottom of your vase and cut the end.
- Create additional loops around the vase using the double sided tape. You can space out the tape loops any way you like as long as it fits the vase. I find that if you space out the lines at different distances intentionally it is more forgiving.
- Trim the end of each of your pieces of tape and remove the non-sticky backing of the first piece of tape.
- Sprinkle glitter directly over the first piece of tape and gently roll your vase on the excess glitter on the paper. Repeat the same process for each of the tape loops. You’ll need less glitter each time, as you’ll have more left over on the paper.
- After you have glittered all of the pieces of tape, rinse the vase with cold water, removing any excess glitter. Gently pat it dry.
For the Feathers:
- Coat the feathers with a quick drying, water-based glue and sprinkle some chunkier glitter onto them.
- Repeat on the other side and set the feathers aside to dry for at least 30 minutes.
Once the feathers are dry, you can put together your arrangement! I had some giant glittered feathers so I started with those, followed by flowers and the glittery feathers. You can make an arrangements with just feathers, by mixing glitter feathers with regular feathers or with any mix or feathers/ flowers you have.