Mediterranean Salad in a Jar
Mediterranean salad in a jar:
We’re using Mediterranean flavors, but once you’ve got the method down, the variations are endless. Just remember to keep the dressing and wetter ingredients at the bottom and the lettuce and greens at the top so they don’t wilt and lose their crunch.
This recipe yields about 2-4 salads depending on jar size.
- Make your chickpea salad. Drain and rinse your chickpeas, add the chopped artichoke hearts and sliced onions, toss together with 1-2 tsps of dressing. Set aside to marinate while you prep and chop your ingredients.
- Once all your ingredients are ready, assemble your salad. Place a spoonful or two of dressing at the bottom of the jar. Add a ¼ – ⅓ of the chickpea salad. Layer in the sliced cucumber followed by the crumbled feta, chopped chicken, sliced olives and lettuces.
- Seal tightly and refrigerate.
When you’re ready to eat – shake it up and enjoy!
Lots of dressings work well with this salad, we used a red wine vinaigrette.
To make your own dressing, simply whisk together;
- ¼ cup – Red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp – Honey mustard (Dijon mustard is great too, but the honey balances the vinegar nicely)
- ½ cup – Olive oil
- A pinch of salt and pepper