Packing For a Beach Holiday
Packing can seem stressful but these travel tips should help you get to the beach with everything you need! I like to carry-on whenever possible, so the amount of clothes is geared to fitting into a small suitcase, but the same guidelines apply for longer trips and larger luggage as well.
I’m including my packing list as a jumping off point – it works well for a 4 or 5 day beach trip, especially if you wear jeans on the plane so you have an extra pair of pants with you.
- Begin by looking at all of the items you want to bring. Make sure that you can mix and match them. I like to make sure that everything I can bring can be worn as part of at least 2 outfits.
- Place your small items like bathing suits, underwear and socks into zip-lock bags. Try to press out as much air as possible.
- Fold!!! Fold everything into the most compact size possible, this will really help you maximize your space. Once all your items are folded it’s like a real life game of tetris.
- Pack your toiletries on top so they can be easily accessed at the airport.
- Bring extra baggies to store wet bathing suits and dirty laundry in.
- The front pocket on your suitcase is an ideal place to pack flat items like magazines and flip flops.