These taco cupcakes combine all the elements of tacos but are so much easier to eat. These Superbowl snacks may be gone by kickoff!
This is a basic recipe, but feel free to customize it with your favorite taco toppings, seasonings and flavors.
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Brown some ground beef with a small diced onion and discard any excess juices. Combine with your favorite taco seasonings. I made a blend of cayenne, chili, paprika. Add a pureed chipotle pepper and salt and mix well. If you are using store bought taco seasoning use 1 1/2 Tablespoon. For a vegetarian alternative, try mushrooms instead of beef.
- Finely dice a little red and yellow pepper – or any color combo you like.
- Spray a cupcake pan with nonstick spray and place a wonton wrapper into each cupcake slot. Don’t do this until your other ingredients are ready because the wonton wrappers can dry out and become hard to work with.
- Spoon a few black beans into your wonton bowls and top with cheddar cheese.
- Slice a wonton wrapper in half and lay half of it over the black beans and cheese to create another wonton layer.
- Spoon on the ground beef and sprinkle on the diced peppers and cheddar cheese.
- Bake your taco cupcakes for 10 to 15 minutes, until the cheese melts and everything is warmed through. Keep an eye on them so the wonton wrappers don’t burn.
- Serve your taco cupcakes with toppings like guacamole, cheese, sour cream and salsa.